Pages

Friday, October 4, 2013

October 4th - Pinwheels Appetizers

I previously froze half of the mushroom & eggplant mixture (recipe here) from the other day and I still had some leftover cashew cheese so I decided to make some pinwheels for my sister-in-law and nephew to try.  I like the mushroom & eggplant mixture both ways and I really like the cheese pinwheels.




I just made another row of the mushroom & eggplant puffs and then I made the pinwheels.  I spread a thin layer of the mushroom mixture on half of the 2/3s piece of the puff pastry for the mushroom & eggplant pinwheels.  For the cheese pinwheels I spread a thin layer of the cashew cheese on the other third and then I sprinkled some shredded cheddar Daiya on it.  I rolled them both up and then sliced them. 



I baked them at 400 degrees for 18 minutes.



Using the puff pastry is very easy and my mind is racing with yummy ideas to fill it!  Plus it really makes a ton of little appetizers!  

No comments:

Post a Comment