Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Vegan MoFo 2016 Day 23 - Vegan Slow Cooker Stuffing


Hey MoFo Friends!  Happy Day 23!  And the day before Thanksgiving!  I’m making slow cooker stuffing for the feast.  I’m also making a bunch of non vegan things but I won’t share those.  LOL  I’ll just be sharing the vegan MoFo ones!  I will post the final pictures when it’s done.  But here’s the recipe I’m planning on using.  I will tweak that too after.



Vegan Slow Cooker Stuffing

1 cup of Earth Balance margarine
2 cups of finely chopped onion
2 cups of finely chopped celery
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried sage
1 teaspoon dried rosemary – finely chopped
1 teaspoon marjoram
2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
4 cups vegetable broth
12 cups of dried bread cubes

Melt margarine in a large skillet over medium heat.  Sauté the onion and celery until soft.  Add the spices and vegetable broth.  Pour over the bread cubes  and mix until all combined. 

Spray the slow cooker with vegetable cooking spray.  Add the mixed stuffing.  Cook on high for 30 minutes and then reduce to low setting for 3 to 4 hours. 

Here’s the bread before I cut it up in cubes.




No comments:

Post a Comment