Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2016

Vegan MoFo 2016 Day 3 - Eggplant Rigatoni

Vegan MoFo 2016 – Day 3  Eggplant Rigatoni

Happy 3rd day of Vegan MoFo!  I just like saying Vegan MoFo!  LOL  I haven’t been keeping up with the themes but maybe I will look into that for next week or over the weekend. 

Eggplant parmesan is one of my favorite meals.  I wanted to make an eggplant sauce because I love eggplant so much.  So, I decided to try diced up eggplant in a red sauce and this is what I came up with.  I really enjoyed it and so did my hubby.  I absolutely love rigatoni noodles too.  I don’t make them often but I should. 






Eggplant Rigatoni

Olive oil
½ red onion, diced
1 small eggplant, diced into small cubes
2 cloves of garlic (or to taste) minced
1 large can of San Marzano tomatoes (I pureed them in my blender)
6-8 basil leaves sliced thin
Fresh thyme (about ½ teaspoon)
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon of sugar
Rigatoni noodles (cooked according to package)



Put a few tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan.  Add onions and cook until they start to soften.  Add the eggplant and continue to cook until they are soft.  Add the tomatoes, garlic, basil, thyme, salt, pepper and sugar.  Cook over low heat for at least 15 minutes.  The sauce gets better with age. 




Serve over hot rigatoni noodles.


Yum!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds really tasty, and I also love saying Vegan MoFo!

    ReplyDelete