Pages

Saturday, November 26, 2016

Vegan MoFo 2016 Day 26 - Vegan Corn Pudding


Hey MoFo Friends!  Happy Day 26!  Today I’m sharing an old time family Thanksgiving favorite.  I actually got the original recipe from my daughter’s daycare when they would have their Thanksgiving feast about  20 years ago!  B absolutely loved the corn pudding and so did I.  So, I got the recipe and I usually make it but I haven’t the past few years for many reasons.  I decided to make it today because I am craving it!  It is so yummy.  I just omitted the eggs and used almond milk.  The original recipe also called for 1/4 teaspoon of white pepper but I didn't want that much.  This version is more like corn in a yummy creamy white sauce.  




Vegan Corn Pudding

2 Tablespoons Earth Balance margarine
2 Tablespoons flour
1 cup almond milk
1 can of corn, drained
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon white pepper
A few dashes of nutmeg



Melt the margarine in a sauce pan.  Whisk in the flour and then slowly add the almond milk.  Cook over medium heat until it starts to thicken.  Add the corn, salt, white pepper and a few dashes of the nutmeg. Stir until combined.   Pour into a small casserole dish.  

Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.







No comments:

Post a Comment