Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Vegan MoFo 2016 Day 16 - Cauliflower with Mema Nutmeg Sauce


Hey MoFo Friends!  Happy Day 16.  I’m going to go back to a retro recipe from Vegan MoFo 2014 – Cauliflower with Nutmeg Sauce.  It is one of my favorite family recipes and reminds me of my mom so much.  My mom was still alive when I last posted this recipe.  We used to have it with a roast beef dinner growing up.  I was craving it so I just whipped up a batch of florets and a baked potato with vegetarian baked beans.  Oh so yummy and filling! 



Here’s how I made it this week.

Cauliflower with Nutmeg Sauce

3 cups of cauliflower florets (about ¾ of a huge cauliflower)
Water
Salt

2 Tablespoons Earth Balance margarine
2 Tablespoon flour
2 cups almond milk
1 – 2 teaspoons sugar
¼ - ½ teaspoon nutmeg

Cook cauliflower florets in boiling water with salt for 12 minutes.  Drain and put into a serving dish.

While cauliflower is cooking make the yummy sauce.

Melt the margarine in a sauce pan.  Whisk in the flour until smooth and cook out flour taste for one minute.  Slowly whisk in the almond milk.  Cook over medium heat until sauce is thick.  Add the sugar and nutmeg to taste.  I don’t really measure the sugar.  I sprinkle in the sugar and nutmeg until I like the taste.  Pour the sauce over top the cauliflower florets. 



I’m thinking I might try to make the leftovers into a Cauliflower Nutmeg Soup.  Hmmm.


No comments:

Post a Comment