Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Vegan MoF0 2016 Day 9 - Basil Tomato Cream Sauce

Vegan MoFo 2016 – Day 9  Vegan Basil Tomato Cream Sauce
Happy 9th day of Vegan MoFo! 

Today hubby and I had basil tomato cream sauce with sautéed zucchini over spaghetti.  I know I’ve said this many times but I really do enjoy pasta.  I love a fresh tomato sauce too.  Here’s what I put together.  OMG it was so delicious.   Here it is without the zucchini.  DH absolutely loved this sauce!




Basil Tomato Cream Sauce

8-10 Campari Tomatoes cut up
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 big cloves of garlic, minced
1 teaspoon pink sea salt
½ teaspoon raw sugar
6-8 basil leaves
1/8 cup of coconut milk creamer
Spaghetti, cooked according to package

In a sauce pan cook the tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, sea salt and raw sugar over medium heat until tomatoes break down.  I like my sauce smooth so I puree the tomato mixture with my immersion blender.  Add basil and coconut milk creamer.

Serve over warm spaghetti.

Here it is with the zucchini.





  

No comments:

Post a Comment