Pages

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Vegan MoFo Day 9 - Mushroom and Onion Sandwiches


This mushroom and onion sauté sandwich is my answer to replacing a steak sandwich to be plant based.  I absolutely love both mushrooms and onions and on my homemade hoagie roll is incredible.  I even add a little ketchup too. 



 How to:
Sliced mushrooms (I used an 8 ounce package for two sandwiches)
½ medium sweet onion
Earth balance margarine about 1 tablespoon or less
Salt & pepper to taste

Vegan Hoagie Rolls

Clean, trim the bottoms, and slice the mushrooms.  Slice the onion and then cut in about one inch pieces.  Melt the margarine in a skillet (yes, I used my cast iron skillet) and then add the mushrooms and onions.  

Cook on medium heat until onions are soft and mushrooms are cooked.  Season with salt and pepper.

Slice open two hoagie rolls (vegan hoagie roll recipe) and put half of the mushroom and onion mixture on both.



2 comments:

  1. This looks so tasty! I love the smell of onions cooking on the BBQ, I can almost smell your onions and mushrooms through the computer :D

    ReplyDelete