Pages

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Vegan MoFo Day 13 - Roasted Beets



I absolutely love, love, love beets!  I don’t usually make them from fresh beets though.  Yes, they tend to be a bit messy and get your hands all red.  I peeled these beets with a knife and I used a paper towel to hold the beet to minimize the redness on my fingers.  I only got a little on my left thumb and pointer finger and it didn’t last. 



Roasted beets are so yummy and have such depth of flavor.  But honestly I love them right out of the can too and especially in my salads.  No one else in my family likes them but that’s okay – more for me! 


Other than peeling the beets, roasting them is very easy and quite delicious.  I would definitely encourage anyone who likes beets to try to roast them.

Instructions -
Peel beets
Cut into quarters
sprinkle with tiny bit of olive oil
Salt and pepper
Bake 450 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour until tender.  YUM



No comments:

Post a Comment