Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Vegan MoFo - Day 1 No Knead Bread Take 3


Happy Vegan MoFo 2015!  I am so excited to participate again this year!  It’s my third year.  So much has happened over the last year in my personal life that I’ve really haven’t kept up with my Plant Based Blog but I’m going to change that starting with this Vegan MoFo! 

I think it’s appropriate that I start it off with the successful version of my third No Knead Loaf of Bread.  It’s more of the sandwich bread I wanted it to be.  It is the best No Knead Bread!  It was so yummy and I plan on making it often.  I ended up slicing it up and freezing it after a day because since it is fresh bread it wouldn’t last long. 



The Best No Knead Bread 
3 ¼  cups of flour
1 ½ tsp of active dry yeast
½ tsp salt
½ tsp sugar
1 ½  cups warm water
2 Tablespoons Earth Balance margarine


Put the flour, yeast, salt and sugar into a mixing bowl and stir together with a fork.  Measure out the 1 ½ cups of warm water and stir in to the dry ingredients until it all comes together. 

Cover the bowl with a dish towel and let rise at room temperature around 4 to 5 hours. 

Uncover dough and sprinkle a little flour on top so you can work with it.  Shape the dough into a loaf to put in a loaf pan (slightly kneading it.)  Oil the loaf pan and put in the dough.  Cut the margarine into 6 pieces and poke into dough as far as you can. 

Cover the loaf pan with the dish towel and let rise about an hour until it doubles in size again.

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.  Bake 30 minutes until the top is golden brown. 

Allow loaf to cool before slicing. 


Enjoy!



Note the bread dough can be refrigerated after the first rise and made later.  You can also double the recipe to have two loaves of bread.  The dough keeps in the fridge for up to two weeks.  I will probably make enough for two loaves the next time and then put half the dough in the fridge for later!

No comments:

Post a Comment