Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Vegan MoFo Day 15 - Soup Base Seasoning

I came up with this soup seasoning because I wanted to have my own soup base seasoning and not always use the “Better than Bouillons’ No Beef Base or the No Chicken Base.”  I’m trying to get away from packaged food items that may have additives to keep them fresh.  This seasoning is really easy to put together and then you have it when you need it.


Soup Base Seasoning
1 cup of nutritional yeast
2 Tablespoons salt
1 ½ Tablespoons onion powder
1 Tablespoon raw sugar
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 Tablespoon basil
1 Tablespoon thyme
1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 Tablespoon paprika
1 Tablespoon celery salt

Put everything into a high speed blender.  I used my Nutri Bullet and it worked great.  You just need to shake it a few times to keep it going.  Store in an container.  (I put mine in a glass jar.)  I add a teaspoon to enrich the flavor of the soups I make.  It is also excellent in your vegan gravies.



Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment