Pages

Saturday, September 5, 2015

Vegan MoFo Day 5 - Very Veggie Gazpacho



On my morning walk yesterday I was thinking I would love some soup but it is still so hot and humid here in Maryland.  So, then I stared to think about making a gazpacho.  I've never made one before but I was thinking that I would want lots of veggies in my version.  I went to the store because I needed to get the peppers, the yellow squash, the zucchini, and the can of tomatoes but I had the rest!  I can't wait to have it today for lunch!  My husband thinks it looks like a salsa.  I'm sure we could try it as a salsa too.  He will probably have tortilla chips with his bowl today.


Very Veggie Gazpacho

½ a cucumber peeled and diced super small
½ red pepper diced super small
½ green pepper diced super small
½ small zucchini diced super small
½ small yellow squash diced super small
¼ large yellow onion diced super small
¼ large red onion diced super small
3 green onions sliced thin both white and green parts
2 cloves of garlic minced
1 tsp sea salt
½ tsp ground pepper
½ tsp sugar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large can of San Marzano whole tomatoes
1 small can of V8 tomato juice





Mix all ingredients together in a large glass bowl.  Chill for at least 2 hours but it’s better the next day. 




No comments:

Post a Comment