Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Vegan MoFo Day 29 - Vegan Butternut Squash and Potato Casserole

Here’s my version of a butternut squash casserole.  The butternut squash makes it sweet and delicious.  I think I will be making this for my Thanksgiving dinner this year!




Vegan Butternut Squash and Potato Casserole

½ a butternut squash peeled
2 medium Yukon gold potatoes peeled
½ small sweet onion finely chopped
1 Tablespoon Earth Balance Margarine
1 Tablespoon flour
1 cup non-dairy milk
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon thyme

Slice the squash and potatoes thinly.  Arrange in an oiled casserole dish.  Layer the squash and potatoes alternately in a layer. Dot with the margarine and sprinkle the onions over top.  Continue with the layers.

Mix the flour with the non-dairy milk and add the salt and thyme.  Pour over the squash and potatoes.

Cover with foil and bake for 1 ½ hours at 400 degrees.

This makes a smaller casserole version.  If you are making it for a family meal, I would double the amounts and use a larger casserole dish.


I used the leftover butternut squash and made my favorite butternut squash soup!  YUM!  Added bonus for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment