Pages

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Vegan MoFo Day 8 - Vegan Hoagie Rolls

I made these yummy hoagie rolls for my mushroom and onion sauté sandwich – recipe will be up tomorrow.  I love making my own breads and now I have a great recipe for hoagie rolls.  I don’t like to make too much though because it doesn’t keep.  I may even make half of this recipe next time for just 2 hoagie rolls.  

Ingredients
2 cups flour
½ tsp instant yeast
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp sugar
¾ room temperature water
1/8 cup olive oil

Mix all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.  Combine the water and oil in one measuring cup and pour over the dry ingredients.  Stir until everything is combined.  Continue to turn the dough over a few times with your fork or spoon. 

Cover and let the dough rest for half an hour.  Turn the dough over about twenty times with fork/spoon.  Cover again and let rest for 30 minutes. 

Repeat the process one more time 

Cover the bowl, and let the dough rise for 2 hours in a warm spot.

Divide it into 4 pieces and shape into hoagie rolls.  Keep your hands wet or oiled so they don’t stick as much.

Transfer the rolls onto a parchment lined baking pan. 

Cover the pan with a large plastic cover and let them rise until they are double in size – about 2 to 3 hours.

Preheat the oven to 450°F.

Uncover the rolls, and sprinkle them with water.  I just use my fingers and sprinkle the water on the rolls.


Bake the rolls for 20 minutes, until they’re a dark golden brown.


No comments:

Post a Comment