Pages

Friday, September 11, 2015

Vegan MoFo Day 11 - kite hill Cream Cheese Style Spread




I was so excited to find out about these spreads and that they are soy free and made with almonds.  I bought both the plain and chive.  I spread the plain on my cinnamon raisin bagel this morning.  And it is pretty good.



Pros: it looks and spreads like cream cheese and has the tangy flavor of cream cheese.



Cons: it’s a little grainy and I can taste a nutty hint to it too.

I think I like the Daiya cream cheese better for bagels but I’m looking forward to putting the kite hill on cracker and adding some jelly to it.  It could also be an acquired taste too and it takes me awhile to get used to different tastes.  I also tend to like a bagel with just a little of my Earth Balance margarine spread.  

I also think the kite hill will be good to use in cooking.  Once I try it on and in a few more things I’ll update my review. 

I can’t wait to try their ricotta cheese though.  I didn’t see at my Whole Foods but I hope it will be there soon.  They also have an artisan product line.  

I just love there are more and more vegan cheese options out there and they are very good! 

Here's are pictures of the packaging:




No comments:

Post a Comment