Pages

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Vegan MoFo Day 12 - 7 Layer Dip


I used to make an awesome 9 layer dip before I went Plant Based.  Now I still can make a version of one with the use of vegan sour cream.  I can make it 9 layer by adding vegan cheddar cheese shreds and diced tomatoes too but I don’t think you need them.  So, here’s my 7 Layer Dip.

Vegan 7 Layer Dip
Ingredients in order to put in the serving dish:
1 can fat free refried beans (vegan)
1 container guacamole
1 container vegan sour cream (I used Tofutti)
Salsa
Bunch of green onions sliced (both the white and green parts)
½ can of black olives sliced (I use and egg slicer)
Tortilla chips

It is so easy to assemble this dish.  Spread out the refried beans on the bottom of a baking dish.   I use my Corning Wear French White oval dish.  Spread out the guacamole.  Spread the sour cream over top of the guacamole – I find it easier to let the sour cream come to room temperature to spread it evenly.  Spoon a layer of salsa over top.  Sprinkle the sliced green onions and sliced black olives.

Serve with your favorite tortilla chips as the 7th layer or actually the first and you add the 6 from the serving dish!  Start at one end and work your way across making sure to get every layer on your tortilla chip.




No comments:

Post a Comment