Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Vegan MoFo Day 2 - Creamed Spinach Over a Baked Potato

Creamed spinach has always a favorite of mine!  I am so glad I can make it plant based too.  I ate it over a baked potato and it was absolutely delicious and quite filling.    



Ingredients
Fresh Spinach about 4 cups to fill the pot
About a ½ cup of water
2 teaspoons Earth Balance margarine
2 teaspoons flour
¼ cup of non-dairy milk (I used coconut milk creamer cut with water)
Salt and white pepper to taste

Put the spinach and the water in a big sauce pan.  Bring to a boil and cover.  Let cook down until wilted.  Drain off most of the water.  Add the margarine and let melt.  Sprinkle in the flour over top.  Slowly add the non-dairy milk and cook over low heat until desired thickness.  Season with salt and white pepper to taste.

Enjoy all by itself, a side with dinner or like me over a baked potato!


No comments:

Post a Comment