Pages

Saturday, November 5, 2016

Vegan MoFo 2016 Day 5 - Chow Mein




Vegan MoFo 2016 – Day 5  Chow Mein

Happy 5th day of Vegan MoFo! 

Chow Mein is another one of my favorite meals.  I used to love chicken chow mein and now I make it without the chicken and I still love it.  I love it plain like this recipe and I also like to add whatever veggies I’m in the mood for that day.  It is good alone and really good over plain white rice.     




Chow Mein

1 Tablespoon grapeseed oil
½ medium sweet onion, sliced thin
½ small cabbage, sliced thin
1-2 stalks of celery, sliced thin
Bean sprouts (about a handful)
1 teaspoon Better than bouillon vegetable soup base
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon corn starch in about ½ cup of cold water
Rice – already cooked if desired



In a large skillet sauté the onion in grapeseed oil for a few minutes over medium high heat.  Add the cabbage, celery and bean sprouts and cook until desired doneness (about 5-10 minutes).  Add the vegetable soup base, soy sauce and the corn starch mixture.  Stir constantly and cook until the sauce thickens.  Eat in a bowl or have it over rice.



No comments:

Post a Comment