Pages

Friday, November 11, 2016

Vegan MoFo 2016 Day 11 - Vegan Smashed Potatoes

Vegan MoFo 2016 – Day 11  Vegan Smashed Potatoes
Happy 11th day of Vegan MoFo! 

I’ve wanted to make these potatoes for a while.  We had these small potatoes and were just roasting them whole.  I can’t wait to make these with some bigger Yukon gold potatoes and really crisp them up.  I think they will be excellent with mushroom gravy too. 

I also made roasted carrots to go with our potatoes.  I cooked the carrots for about 10 minutes before we added the potatoes.  I sautéed some zucchini a little olive oil and sea salt in my cast iron skillet.  





Vegan Smashed Potatoes

Potatoes
Water
Olive oil
Sea salt

Boil the potatoes in water until slightly soft (so you are able to smash them.)  Drain. 

In a roasting pan put a little olive oil in the pan and then put in the potatoes.  Smash the potatoes with the back of spatula or a glass.  Drizzle with olive oil and sea salt.  Bake in a 425 degree oven for 15 minutes or until desired crispiness. 






No comments:

Post a Comment