Pages

Friday, October 3, 2014

100th POST!!!!!

Wow, this is my 100th post on Plant Base Living.  (I picked Plant Base Living because Plant Based Living was already taken as a blog.)  I don’t really have a special recipe to post today so I will just reflect.

I’ve been on this healthy for me journey for a little over two years.  I truly believe it’s one of the best decisions I’ve made for my health.  I feel amazing and I love trying new recipes and making traditional recipes plant based.  I love searching the internet and any recipe I’m craving and how to make it “vegan” and especially www.findingvegan.com for recipe ideas.  I save many, many recipes into word documents to make at a later date.  You should see how many recipes I have.  I have an older folder that is labeled “recipes” and then a sub-folder that is labeled “vegan recipes.”  I tend to copy the recipes right into a word document and then when I make them I usually make them “my own.”  I usually, if not always, change up the spices mixture.  I think less is more especially when it comes to salt. 

Posting on a blog every day is harder than I thought it would be.  As with most successful endeavors planning is essential.  I’m thinking I may start posting different ideas like internet find day, family favorites, what restaurants could easily serve to all their customers and it’s still vegan, saved recipes and haven’t made yet, bread day, gluten free plant base day, dessert day, etc.  The ideas are endless but like I said I just need a plan!  LOL

I just kind of looked at all my recipe files and I have over 900 recipes in my “vegan recipes” folder.  Wow, that should keep me busy.

I do find it hard to make new recipes especially when it’s mostly me eating them.  Yes, I do get bored of many foods after a few meals of it.  So, I’m going to try to cut some of these recipes in half too. 


 I’m also not so overwhelmed with what to eat.  There are so many foods that are naturally vegan/plant based or are easily made that way with just using like Just Mayo (vegan mayonnaise) or Earth Balance or olive oil or using almond or coconut milk.  Finally, I say I’m 90% because I know that sometimes foods aren't totally vegan especially when you go out or you are at someone else’s house.  I do my best.  Yes, I have tasted and eaten non-plant based food items but mostly I say to myself “that’s not worth it to me!”  

No comments:

Post a Comment