Pages

Sunday, October 5, 2014

No Knead Loaf of Bread

I went out for my run/walk yesterday morning and came back to the house and went out to get a fresh loaf of bread from the Dutch Bakery.  I get all the way there and there’s a note on the door which says “Closed from October 1st – 31st due to personal reasons.”  I was kind of bummed but I understand “things” happen in all our lives.  So, I came home and made a batch of the hash browns with zucchini for me and my mom.  She was thrilled because she likes them so much! 

I still wanted some homemade bread so I figured I’d just make my own.  Yup, I figured out how to make a small single loaf that my mom and I can eat the next couple days.

This makes a really small loaf of bread but it is enough for me and mom.  It seems more like ciabatta bread but still delicious.  The flavor of this bread is amazing!  

I may try to double the ingredients next time for a full loaf of bread.   But this loaf could be sliced in half lengthwise and make an amazing sandwich.  I don't think this one will make it that long though!  




No Knead Loaf of Bread
1 cup of flour
½ cup warm water
1 tsp active dry yeast
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp sugar

Put the flour into a mixing bowl.  Measure out the ½ cup of warm water and stir in the yeast, salt and sugar.  Pour the water mixture into flour and mix with a fork until the dough is formed. 

Cover with dish towel and allow the dough to rise for 2 hours.

Put the dough still covered in the refrigerator overnight. 

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Grease a loaf pan.  Sprinkle dough with a little flour and slowly remove dough from bowl.  Form into a loaf.  Place formed loaf in the prepared loaf pan.  Allow to rest 45 minutes. 



Sprinkle loaf with a tiny bit of water.  Bake 25 minutes until the loaf is golden brown. 

Remove from oven and allow bread to cool

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment