Pages

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Butternut Squash II

Well, it’s weird not having (in my mind) to post daily.  Yesterday I made a few dishes that are already on my blog but still so refreshing.

For breakfast I made my hash browns with shredded zucchini in it too.  My mom really enjoyed it and even ate the leftovers.  I find it so refreshing and surprisingly light. 



For dinner I made butternut squash soup.  I made it even more simple this time since I didn't add the potatoes to it.  I just cut up the squash and added a half a medium onion chopped up and covered with water and added a few spices.  So easy since I recently purchased an immersion blender for my mom. 



Butternut Squash Soup II
1 small butternut squash, peeled and chopped
½ medium onion, chopped
½ teaspoon dried thyme
½ teaspoon salt
Put all ingredients in a sauce pan and cover with water.  Bring mixture to a boil and then put on medium to medium low heat.  Cook until vegetables are soft – about a half an hour.  Use an immersion blender or put in a blender to make a smooth, silky soup. Salt & pepper to taste.

This version is a little bit sweeter and I'd say richer in flavor.  


No comments:

Post a Comment