Pages

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Reflections on my Second Vegan MoFo

Wow, I made it again.  I did a post every day of September for my second Vegan MoFo.  I must say again I’m pretty proud of myself!  It truly hasn’t been easy since again I am away from my home and all the life changing things that have happened to me.  But, it’s the one thing I’ve been able to control on a daily basis and it’s something I really wanted to do.  I’m glad I stock piled many recipes I’ve made the past few months to have daily postings and pictures.

My hopes are to continue posting on my blog throughout the year and not just during Vegan MoFo!  So, I’ll try to continue as often as I can to post my new recipes. 

Here’s the beer bread recipe I recently made.  It’s kind of sweet.  I think I would omit the sugar next time I make it.  I cut the amount of sugar in half but it’s still too sweet. 



Beer Bread
3 cups flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
¼ cup of sugar
1 12 ounce beer
2 Tablespoons Earth Balance margarine

Mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.  Slowly add the beer and stir until just combined.  Put dough into a greased loaf pan.  Cut up the margarine into little pieces and put over top of the dough in the pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes.  Allow loaf to cool in pan about 15 minutes.  Take out of pan and allow to cool about a half hour longer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment