Pages

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Vegan MOFO 2017 - Day 24 - Tuesday Chew Day


Hey Vegan MOFO Friends,

So today I decided to make some calzones from “The Chew.” 

Here’s the recipe I used for the dough.

 

Pizza Dough

1 ¼ cup room temperature water

1 teaspoon yeast

2 teaspoons sugar

1 teaspoon salt

3 cups of flour (plus more when forming)

Dissolve the yeast in the water – stirring to incorporate.  Put the flour with the salt and sugar in a large bowl and stir together.  Add the water and yeast mixture and stir until combined.  Cover bowl with a tea towel.

 

I did this part before I went to work.  When I got home from work I punch down the dough and kneaded a little bit and formed into a ball. Then I went to the grocery store so I let I rest again for about an hour.

 

I formed two pieces of dough into about 8 by 5 inch rectangles.

 


We put marinara sauce, sliced black olives, sliced mushrooms, and diced red onion on top of half of the dough.  I folded over the dough and sealed.  Bake at 425 degrees for about 30 minutes.


1 comment: