Pages

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Vegan MOFO 2017 - Day 29


Hey Vegan MOFO Friends,

It was a rainy Sunday so our daughter asked for chili.  I made traditional chili for them and then I made a vegan version for me.  I must say it was pretty good.

Our daughter came home for a surprise visit this weekend.  It was so nice to have her home.  Ernie and Toby were thrilled she came home too.  We just hung out and did a lot of eating.  I made a pot of corn chowder before we picked her up from the train.  It’s one of our favorites.



It’s so easy to make and so yummy.  I’ve posted it before on my blog but here’s the recipe again.



Vegan Chili

1 medium onion, diced

3 Tablespoons Earth Balance Margarine

1 container mushrooms diced fine

2 large cloves of garlic

1 cup of red lentils rinsed

1 large can of tomato sauce

2 tsps. Chile powder

1 tsp ground cumin

1 tsp dried basil

1 tsp salt

½ tsp pepper

1 can of black beans



Sauté the onions in the margarine.  Add the mushrooms and the garlic. 



Add the rest of the ingredients.  Cook over low heat until the lentils are soft. 



It hits the spot!

No comments:

Post a Comment