Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Hummus

I’ve been web searching hummus recipes for a few days.   I haven’t made any yet until today.  I like the idea of homemade hummus for many reasons.  I have to be honest that it is much cheaper to make it yourself and really not that hard to make as long as you have a food processor!  I used canned chickpeas because I didn’t have any dry ones but I’m going to get some soon!  I also like the idea of varying my own flavors.   I just made the basic one today though.

Here’s the recipe I made up from reading a few.

Classic Creamy Hummus
1 15 oz. chickpeas (garbanzo beans) drained & rinsed
¼ cup tahini
3 T lemon juice
2 cloves garlic minced
2 T olive oil
3 T water
1 tsp sea salt

Put the tahini and lemon juice in the food processor and blend.  Add the garlic, olive oil and water and mix until frothy.  Then add the sea salt and the drained chickpeas.  Puree until very smooth.  (a few minutes)



Today’s food choices:
Artisan bread
Coffee
Spinach salad from Panera sans the bacon & egg of course
½ Mediterranean Veggie sandwich with cucumbers, tomatoes, onions and cilantro jalapeno hummus
Snack – homemade hummus & pita chips
Quinoa, black beans, stir fry veggies


Dinner




No comments:

Post a Comment