Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Roasted Butternut Squash, Snap Peas & Coconut Rice

Well, day 5 of my blog and I didn't make anything new today to post.  Oh well, c'est la vie.

Here is one of my favorite meals though that I happen to have a picture of from November.  Roasted butternut squash, sauteed snap peas with coconut rice. I actually had something like this in Cambridge in fall at this wonderful restaurant called Veggie Planet.  They added caramelized onions and Daiya cheese on top.





Coconut Rice

1 can coconut milk (14 ounce) (I used lite)
1 1/4 cups water
1/2 tsp salt
1  1/2 cups of  jasmine rice

Bring coconut milk, water and salt to a boil.  Add the rice, cover and continue to cook over medium low heat for about 20 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.  Fluff and serve.

Note: 1 tsp of sugar may also be added to make it sweet

No comments:

Post a Comment