Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Thin Crust Pizza

Yup, we had our homemade pizza last night and I made the pizza dough.  It was very yummy.  It was pretty thin though and I may try another recipe or just not stretch out the dough as much the next time.  I will also make my own sauce.  We used Ragu pizza quick sauce which is very good but a tiny bit too spicy for me.  Bri said that she would like a thicker crust and more sauce next time we make it.  I agree.



I was only the only one with leftovers for me to snack on today though.

Pizza Dough


2 ¼ tsp yeast
1 cup warm water
½ tsp. sugar
2 ½ - 3 cups flour
1 tsp. sea salt
Spray oil

Mix yeast and water. Add to dry ingredients.  Stir until smooth. Let rest 10 minutes.  Knead about 5 minutes.  Split dough into 2 or 4 round balls. Put in greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rise 2 hours in a warm spot. With floured hands and flour on counter top roll and stretch dough out into desired thickness.  Place on baking stone, add sauce and desired toppings. Bake 425 degrees for about 15 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment