Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Vegetarian Vegetable Soup

I loved the canned vegetarian vegetable soup but it's not vegan with the egg whites in those alphabet noodles.  So, I figured out how to make it myself.  Here's my version.

Vegetarian Vegetable Soup




1 bag of frozen vegetables for soup (16 ounces)
32 ounces vegetable broth
3 T tomato paste
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp dried basil
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
about 1/4 cup of alphabet noodles or other small pasta

Add all ingredients to a large sauce pan.  Bring to a boil. Lower heat and let simmer a 1/2 hour. Right before serving add 1/4 cup of alphabet noodles to soup. Let cook about 4 minutes.  Serve immediately.

This soup is better the next day. So, if you are going to wait, then I'd wait to add the alphabet noodles until you reheat it.

Okay - so, here's my yummy soup. I barely got a picture of it.  My family came in the kitchen and asked to have some.  Wow, they loved it.  I will definitely be making it again!


No comments:

Post a Comment