Pages

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Vegan MoFo Day 11 - Broccoli Salad




This broccoli salad is one of my DH’s favorite side dishes.  This is also a great salad to bring to a potluck.  It’s very yummy to have as leftovers too!

Broccoli Salad
2 big bunches of broccoli broken up into florets
2 Tablespoons chopped red onion
2 Tablespoons raisins (put in hot water to plump, drain)
¼ cup vegan mayonnaise (I use either Earth Balance or Just Mayo)
1-2 Tablespoons non-dairy milk
1 Tablespoon sugar
½ teaspoon season salt
¼ teaspoon pepper

Clean the broccoli and break up into florets.  Put the broccoli, chopped red onion and raisins in a big salad bowl.  Whisk together the mayonnaise, “milk”, sugar, salt and pepper; pour over the broccoli, onion and raisin mixture.  Stir to combine.  Chill.





2 comments:

  1. This sounds really good! I wonder if it would work with lightly steamed broccoli as well? I enjoy raw broccoli sometimes but it can be a lil harsh. Anyway, I'll have to try this while it's still hot out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would definitely work with lightly steamed broccoli too! :)

      Delete