Pages

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Vegan MoFo Day 6 - Cream of Mushroom Soup

Many recipes call for cream of mushroom soup so I whipped this vegan version together.  It’s really pretty easy and tastes so good.




Cream of Mushroom Soup

4-5 medium size mushrooms chopped
1 tablespoon Earth Balance margarine
1 tablespoon flour
1 cup almond milk (or ½ cup coconut milk creamer and ½ cup water)
Salt & pepper to taste



Chop the mushroom in small squares.  Sauté the mushrooms in the margarine until soft.  Add the flour and mix well to get out all the lumps.  Slowly add the non-dairy milk.  Stir until the mixture thickens.  Add salt and pepper to taste.





You can use this in any recipe that calls for cream of mushroom soup.  I like to use it to make green bean casserole.  I will add some vegetarian better than bouillon and maybe a few pinches of dried thyme too depending on what recipe I’m making. 





3 comments:

  1. Love cream of mushroom soup. This looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had a cream of mushroom soup since going vegan; this looks like it would be fun to try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to try and remember this recipe as I would love to give it a go, especially as autumn is coming.

    ReplyDelete