Pages

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Vegan MoFo Day 27 - Polenta

Polenta really isn’t that hard to make but I would say it’s a tiny bit time consuming.  You really need to be stirring it most of time you are cooking it every few minutes.  It is so worth the effort.     
  


Polenta
2 cups water
1/2 cup corn grits
¼ teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon Earth Balance margarine


Bring the water to a boil over high heat.  Once the water is boiling slowly add the corn grits whisking as you add them.  Add salt.  Turn heat down to medium low and continue to cook for a half hour; stirring constantly so it doesn’t stick to the bottom and remains creamy.



Once cooked (taste and it shouldn’t be crunchy tasting any longer) add the Earth Balance. 

Put cooked polenta in a greased bowl.  Polenta will take on the shape of the bowl.  You can eat after 10 minutes while it is still hot or allow to completely cool.  Cut into desired thickness.  This makes two generous portions or 3 to 4 sides.  You can also just serve immediate and not mold it in a bowl.





I also made some stir fried veggies to go with my polenta.  I love this baby squash mix I got from Costco.  I also added some fresh green beans.  I just add a tiny bit of Earth Balance and a few shakes of garlic salt.  I cook over medium high heat in a cast iron skillet.  So yummy!




No comments:

Post a Comment