Pages

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Vegan MoFo Day 18 - Easy Dinner

Here is one of my favorite easy dinners and has plenty of protein.  I’ve also included the protein for each below. 



Quinoa (4 grams)
Black Beans (15 grams)
Sautéed Mushrooms (3 grams)
Green Beans (2 grams)

The quinoa is from a package.  My family likes the Near East ones.  I like the rosemary and olive oil one but the roasted red pepper and basil is pretty good too.  I like how easy they are to make!


We just heat up the black beans in a pot, sauté the mushroom in a little Earth Balance, and sauté the green beans with a little olive oil and garlic salt.

It is true that so many people ask me where I get my protein.  I tell them protein is in everything even broccoli.  This nutrition tables says it has 7 grams! 






Sometimes I will also say that cows don’t eat “meat” and they must be getting their protein.  I also tell them I eat a lot of beans.  

No comments:

Post a Comment