Pages

Monday, September 10, 2018

Vegan MoFo 2018 - Day 10 - Butternut Squash Hummus


Hey Vegan MoFo Friends,

So, one of the things I made with all that butternut squash and the chickpeas is Butternut Squash Hummus.  I kind of checked out other recipes on the internet but most of them added cinnamon, cumin, paprika, etc.  I wanted something a little savory but not too much spice.  It is amazing how the butternut squash makes the hummus very creamy.  It could also be that I made my own chickpeas in the crockpot and I saved the liquid too.  I absolutely love the flavor of this hummus.  I think it would be delicious on a veggie sandwich too.



Butternut Squash Hummus
2 cups chickpeas
1 cup cooked butternut squash
3 roasted garlic cloves
¼ sweet onion (roasted)
Juice of 1 lemon(a heavy Tablespoon)
2 Tablespoons chickpea cooking water (aquafaba)
2 Tablespoons olive oil
¼ teaspoon sea salt

Put all of the ingredients in a high-speed mixer (or food processor).  Start on low and use the tamper to get all ingredients thoroughly mixed and then increase the speed. 



Note:  I roasted the garlic and onion in my toaster oven for about a half hour at 350°.  I just put them in foil and a drizzle of olive oil.  



No comments:

Post a Comment