Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2018

Vegan MoFo 2018 - Day 29 - Hasselback Potatoes


Hey Vegan MoFo Friends,

My dad made these potatoes for a us when I was growing up. I wanted to make something with the Yukon gold potatoes I just bought and I remembered these.  Relatively easy to put together and let the toaster oven do all the magic.  I cut pretty big slices and added slices of onion in-between.  Then I added a smear of my Earth Balance spreadable margarine and my pink Himalayan sea salt.  Isn't it pretty?  



Hasselback Potatoes
Yukon gold potatoes – I had a medium sized one and I cut 6 slices into it.
Slices of sweet onion
Earth Balance spreadable margarine
Himalayan sea salt

Slice the potatoes into about 6 slices, add the onions slices, smear the spreadable margarine over top and sprinkle with sea salt.  Bake 425° for about 1 hour until soft.  I also put the extra onion slices underneath the potato on the foil.  Add more margarine and salt and pepper to taste.

Here is the potato before I put the margarine and sea salt on it.



No comments:

Post a Comment