Pages

Monday, September 17, 2018

Vegan MoFo 2018 - Day 17 - Mushroom Lettuce Wraps


Hey Vegan MoFo Friends,

I had some mushrooms in my refrigerator that really needed to be used or they were going to go bad.  So, I was thinking what could I make.  I thought – I wonder if I can make a version of a lettuce wrap like they have at PF Chang’s.  Below is what I made today and Dave and I absolutely love them.  We also had the mushroom mixture over a little white rice and that was delicious too! 

Mushroom Lettuce Wraps
Sauce
4 Tablespoons soy sauce
2 Tablespoons water
2 Tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon sesame oil

Mushroom Mixture
2 Tablespoons Earth Balance margarine
¼ onion chopped
8 oz. of mushrooms, large chopped pieces
4 oz. water chestnuts chopped
Sea salt

1 Tablespoon cold water
1 teaspoon corn starch


Put all the sauce ingredients in a measuring cup and stir together.

Melt the margarine in a large skillet (I use my cast iron skillet) and add the onions.  Cook onions with a sprinkle of sea salt over medium heat until translucent.  Add the mushrooms and continue to cook over medium heat until soft.  Add the chopped water chestnuts and cook until heated through.  Pour in the sauce and cook for a few minutes.  Mix the corn starch with the cold water and add to the skillet to thicken the sauce.




Serve in romaine or iceberg lettuce leaves.  Or serve with white rice.  Enjoy!




1 comment: