Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Vegan MoFo 2018 - Day 5 - Favorite Cookbook


Hey Vegan MoFo Friends,
Okay, I’ll play with the theme of the day today.  (I guess I should check out all of the theme days for this Vegan MoFo.)  I think my most used cookbook is my Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook.  I still refer to it to cook many things. 


I also have my mom’s version of the same cookbook.  Sometimes the recipes are the same and sometimes they are very different and some are just not in my version. 


I really enjoy looking for new recipes on the internet.  I tend to google search something I want to make and look at a bunch of different recipes and then make it the way I want it to taste.  I do enjoy browsing through the website Finding Vegan too.  I can get lost in all those posts and their respective websites/blogs. 

2 comments:

  1. We had that cookbook growing up! I recognize the cover and the spiral binding. I find it hard to veganize recipes in some of these old cookbooks, though--I'd like to know more about how you handle it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite recipe from that cookbook is scalloped potatoes (September 14, 2014 post) and I have veganized it. I use unsweetened almond milk and Earth Balance margarine. I generally look for flavor profiles or how to cook something (and timing) in recipes and then make them my own.

    ReplyDelete