Pages

Friday, September 14, 2018

Vegan MoFo 2018 - Day 14 - Wrinkly Dinkly Tomato Sauce


Hey Vegan MoFo Friends,

I made the most amazing tomato/spaghetti sauce out of “old” tomatoes.  Yup, I had some wrinkly dankly grape tomatoes that most people would probably just throw out.  I decided to cut them up and put them in a sauce pan with some other tomatoes I had with some sea salt (about ½ a teaspoon), sugar (about ½ teaspoon) and garlic (about 3 cloves) – I love garlic.  Oh, so yummy and simple.  I also puree it with my immersion blender.  I’ll share a picture of it when I have it on some pasta!

Here they are in a little bit of water before I added more tomatoes.



1 comment:

  1. Wrinkly tomatoes are the best! I usually roast mine in the toaster oven but this looks good, too. I look forward to seeing how the sauce turned out with pasta.

    ReplyDelete