Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2018

Vegan MoFo 2018 - Day 20 - Scalloped Cabbage


Hey Vegan MoFo Friends,
I have been craving Scalloped Cabbage for a few weeks now.  I finally made the time to make it.  I just made a small batch because I’m not too keen on prepared vegan cheeses.  I do really like this So Delicious cheddar cheese though.  I just added a small handful into the cabbage and white sauce and stirred well.  I absolutely loved this version.  My mom used to make it with dairy products when I was growing up.  She also put a bread crumb mixture on top too.  I am pleased to say that it’s just as good if not better than what I remember. 



Scalloped Cabbage
2 cups chopped cabbage
½ cup white sauce
¼ cup vegan cheddar cheese
Sea salt to taste
A few shakes of nutmeg



Cook the cabbage in a little bit of water in a sauce pan for about 7 minutes after the water comes to a boil.  Drain well.  Add the white sauce, vegan cheddar cheese, a few sprinkles of sea salt, and a few shakes of nutmeg.  Bake in a 350° oven for 20 minutes.  




 Pre-cooked

Cooked


In my bowl - ready to eat!



White Sauce
1 Tablespoon Earth Balance margarine
1 Tablespoon flour
1 cup of almond milk (unsweetened) or non-dairy milk of choice

Melt the margarine and whisk in the flour.  Slowly add the almond milk and whisk/stir over medium heat until thickened. 


1 comment:

  1. I've never had scalloped cabbage before; it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete