Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Vegan MoFo 2018 - Day 4 - Coconut Bacon


Hey Vegan MoFo Friends,

I finally made a recipe I’ve been wanting to make for a long time - coconut bacon.  It’s really not that hard and quite tasty.  My son loved snacking on it.    
Coconut Bacon
about 1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
1 Tablespoon soy sauce 
1 Tablespoon maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke




Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.  Mix/whisk the soy sauce, maple syrup and liquid smoke in a large bowl.  Add the coconut flakes and mix until the coconut is well coated. 


On a parchment lined baking sheet spread out the coconut.  Bake for about 25 minutes.  After 10 minutes start stirring the mixture every 5 minutes. Remove from oven and let the “bacon” full cool and crip up.  Store in an air tight container.


2 comments:

  1. I love coconut bacon, but I've never made my own; thanks for sharing your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good idea! We made rice paper bacon before and it was incredible, but quite fiddly and time consuming - this looks like a much better option!

    ReplyDelete