Pages

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Vegan MoFo Day 1 - traveling snacks


The first day of Vegan MoFo I find myself traveling.  I could just pick one of the recipes and pictures I have on my iphone but haven’t posted yet (which I will do later as fillers so I can keep up with a post a day if needed) but I decided to post what I brought with me as my snacks for the trip.  Yes, I share with my family but they are not plant base eaters (yet!)   




I made some caramelized onion, garlic and thyme bean dip to go with my veggies, tortilla strips, crackers and pretzel chips.  I also grabbed the strawberries from the fridge (they’d be bad by the time we got home) and a jar of my favorite salsa.   I will post my bean dip recipe soon.  Oh it is so yummy!  (If I do say so myself!)


I don’t think traveling being a plant base eater is too hard if you preplan a little.  It depends how, where and how long you will be traveling.  Peanut butter and jelly is also a favorite travel go to for me too.  I really love pb&j.  I have also found some vegan granola bars that I usually throw in my purse to make sure I have something to eat.  

No comments:

Post a Comment