Pages

Friday, September 27, 2013

Vegan MoFo Day 27 - red potato & red onion pizza

I had some leftover pizza dough from making pizza the other night so I thought to myself I should try the potato pizza.  So, I did.  I flattened out the pizza dough and put a little olive oil on it, then I put thinly sliced red potatoes, little red onion slices/pieces, a little drizzle of olive oil and some sea salt evenly over the pizza.  I baked it in a 425 degree oven for 20 minutes.  It was actually pretty good.  I would probably add more spices next time.  i.e., garlic salt and some crumbled thyme leaves sprinkled over top before baking. 

uncooked

cooked



Red Potato and Red Onion Pizza
Pizza dough (my recipe here)
Olive oil
Thinly sliced red potatoes (about one small/medium for each pizza)
Thinly sliced red onion (about 1 tablespoon for each pizza)
Sea Salt
Optional – garlic salt, thyme leaves, rosemary, basil to taste


Make pizza dough according to recipe.  Allow it to rise the 2 hours.  Split dough into 6 pieces for small single size pizzas or split into 4 servings for bigger single size pizzas.

Spread olive oil on top of rolled out pizza dough.  Arrange potato and onion slices over top.  Sprinkle with spices and a little bit of olive oil.

Bake in a 425 degree preheated oven for about 20 minutes.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment