Pages

Monday, September 16, 2013

Vegan MoFo Day 16 - Kind Bars

I found myself traveling again last weekend but this time I was traveling by airplane.  I had an early flight and only had two cups of coffee before I left the house.  I’m not particularly hungry first thing in the morning and especially not at 4 a.m.!  I grabbed two Kind Bars for the first leg of my trip as I was walking out of the house.  I am absolutely in love with Kind Bars.  They are so much better than any other granola type bar.  They have big chunks of nuts and fruit in them.  I’m pretty sure they fall into the vegan category.  If not, they are definitely in my 90% personal plant base living rule and doing the best I can motto.  My Kind Bar really hit the spot an hour into my flight and I had a 5 hour flight.  


Hmm, you might wonder how I came to even try a Kind Bar.  Well, let me tell you – I was at Whole Foods looking at their huge wall of granola/energy bars and checking out all the labels.  I look for free of animal products as well as free of soy products.  When this lady picks up one of the Kind Bar boxes and dumps all of the dark chocolate nuts and sea salted bars into her cart.  

Of course I had to say “Guess you don’t like that one at all?” and she laughed and said “Nope, not one bit.”  So, I had to try one.  The rest is history.  I really like the dark chocolate nuts and sea salt but I also like all of the ones I’ve tried so far.  If you haven’t yet, I would really recommend you try them!

No comments:

Post a Comment