Pages

Monday, September 30, 2013

Vegan MoFo Day 30 - calzone

I decided to make a couple mini calzones to use up the ingredients from the fridge.  I just made a quick smaller version of my dough for this recipe. It’s pretty easy with 1 cup of flour and half cup of warm water with 1 tsp. yeast, ½ tsp. salt and ½ tsp. sugar.  It is simple and easy to mix together.  And delicious!  This recipe is good for four snack size calzones or two meal size portions.  I absolutely loved these.  I think my family will like them too! 




Calzone
1 recipe dough below
Tomato/pizza sauce
Toppings – I used mushrooms, black olives, and red onions.  But you could also put any veggies in this calzone i.e., green peppers, zucchini, broccoli, etc.  You may want to steam harder vegetables a little bit or par boil them so they are partially cooked before adding to calzone.
Daiya shredded cheese ( used the cheddar because that is what I have today.)

Split dough in quarters.  Spread out/roll out into 4 circles.  Place a few tablespoons of sauce on top of the dough.  Top with desired toppings.  



Bake in 400 degree oven for 18 – 20 minutes until golden brown.




On the baking sheet - finish.  The sauce & cheese came out a little bit.


Dough
1 cup flour
½ tsp. sugar
½ tsp. salt
1 tsp. active dry yeast
½ cup warm water


Put all dry ingredients in a glass mixing bowl and stir to combine.  Pour in the warm water and mix until forms a ball.  Knead ball in bowl for a few minutes.  I just used the fork to continue to stir and knead the dough. Cover and allow to rise approximately 2 hours. 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment