Pages

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Vegan MoFo Day 17 - ice cream bars

I’m really not that big of an ice cream eater.  If I had to pick between something salty and something sweet, then salty would win probably most of the time.  When I first started eating this way I asked Amy Q. (who told me all about Forks Over Knives and her new way of eating) what was the hardest part of this way of eating and what did she miss the most?  Well, she said she really missed ice cream.  Hmmm.  Now, I can’t say I really miss ice cream because I rarely ate it before but I do like the occasional ice cream sandwiches from Charlie – the ice cream man that comes around the neighborhood.  Well, I found these wonderful ice cream sandwiches made by So Delicious.  (Yes, the wonderful people who make my coconut milk creamer!)



I love the coconut milk ice cream bars.  They certainly hit the spot and are only 100 calories each.  And if Dave and I split one then it’s only 50 calories!  David also likes them too.  And guess what?  They don’t have any soy products in them either! 


These are one of those items that I think are found mostly are your specialty stores.  I can get them at Wegman’s and Whole Foods but I also found them at Food Lion too.  They are easy to find at Whole Foods because they are right there with all the other ice cream.  Wegman’s has a special frozen/refrigerated section right behind the flower shop area of their store that has special diet items.  It’s also where there Daiya cheese products are found and the Earth Balance mindful mayo is located in the refrigerator section.  

No comments:

Post a Comment