Pages

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Vegan MoFo Day 11 - spaghetti

Spaghetti has always been a favorite meal of mine.  I think I’ve become even fonder of it the past year.  (Is that possible?)  I know many plant base people get sick of it and especially when they go out to eat but I really haven’t (yet!) Buying fresh mushrooms and quartering them really add to my meal.  I used to cut my spaghetti (I'd say I'm not Italian cuz I'm not) but I've become a noodle twirler now too!  I find I eat a lot slower and enjoy the challenge!  Oh the little things!  



p.s. When buying mushrooms I find that picking ones that don't have holes in the stem and feeling their weight.  I like heavy feeling mushrooms.  You'll understand once you start feeling their weight when you compare them at the bulk mushroom bin.  David was laughing at me at Wegman's picking out my mushrooms for dinner.  He was like "What are you doing Mom?"  I'm sure people wonder what the heck I'm doing but try it for yourself.  It does make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment