Pages

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Vegan MoFo Day 8 - twice baked potatoes

Twice baked potatoes are relatively easy to make plant base if you have the right ingredients.  I love twice baked potatoes and Dave is really nice to make them for me a lot!   I like them with sautéed green beans too.  





Twice Baked Potatoes
Idaho potato
1 tablespoon Earth Balance vegan buttery stick
1 tablespoon Coconut milk creamer
Salt & pepper to taste

Bake the potato until soft for about 1 hour in 400 degree toaster oven.  Cut off a small piece off the top.  Scoop out the potato and put in a small pot, add a tablespoon of the margarine and a splash or two of the creamer.  Use potato masher to mash the potatoes until creamy and add salt and pepper to taste.  Put mashed potato mixture back into the potato shells.  Put back into toaster oven and bake until warm/hot all the way through and nice crust on top. 

You can always add Daiya cheese to make cheesy twice baked potatoes, sliced green onions, vegan sour cream, etc.  Whatever you’d put in a baked potato.  I'm pretty plain Jane with my twice baked potatoes but I may start making them more interesting.


I may need to do a whole post on Daiya products soon.  I absolutely love their products.  

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, I've never made this before, so I should do someday.

    ReplyDelete