Pages

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Vegan MoFo day 25 - cashew cheese

Here’s how I made the cashew cheese for yesterday's Eggplant and Mushroom Puffs because I didn’t have tahini or onion powder.  I can think of endless ways to flavor this cheese.  I think I’d start with the cashews, salt, nutritional yeast, and the creamer and go from there. My mom even liked it!  It's very good on toast too!





Cashew Cheese
2 cups of cashews (soak in water over night or several hours)
1 small chunk of onion chopped
1 tsp. salt
2 T. nutritional yeast
3 T. coconut milk creamer
Juice of ½ a lemon

Put all ingredients in the food processor (or Vitamix or high speed blender) and pulse to combine and stir down a few times until well combined.  Then, mix continuously for at least 5 minutes until ultra smooth and creamy! 




No comments:

Post a Comment