Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Vegan MoFo Day 18 - corn chowder

This isn’t the first time I’ll be posting about my corn chowder.  In fact it is the third time I’ll be posting about our favorite family soup.  The first time I posted it was under my first blog (Bad Beer, Good Cook) but it wasn’t a vegan soup because of the bacon the family recipe.  I adapted the recipe in January to be able to be on my plant base blog by omitting the bacon and using vegan “butter.”  Here’s the link to that post.



My dad always wants me to make it when he sees me whether at my home in Maryland or his home in California.  I’m here in California so of course I had to make a big pot of it for him.  My mom says she doesn’t like corn much but she always has a bowl too.  My dad usually has at least two bowlfuls if not three! 

I had my usual bowl of soup too but then I started craving it to be creamy.  So, I took a small ramekin of the soup and a fork and I mashed up the potatoes to make it creamier.  Then, I added a splash of my coconut milk creamer.  OMG – it was like a creamy of potato soup with corn in it.  I love the flavor of thyme and especially in soups.  I like it this way too! 






                                      YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment