Pages

Friday, September 6, 2013

Vegan MoFo Day 6 - french fries

David was home from school yesterday so he slept in late and then made an awesome lunch for himself.   He’s quite the “little” (he’s not little, he’s quite tall and thin actually) cook.  He made homemade French fries as part of his meal.  And he shared some with me.  Yea!  Homemade French fries aren’t really that hard if you have the Fry Daddy and the patience to slice up a few potatoes.  Which we do.  Lucky for us.




He just scrubbed the potatoes (Idaho baking potatoes), sliced them up and fried them in the Fry Daddy.  He sprinkles on some sea salt and badda bing they are done. 



We had a Fry Baby when I was growing up and my little brother, Brien, would make us French fries almost every day after school as our snack.  We used frozen shoestring French fries back then and lots of ketchup of course!    So, I bought the Fry Daddy (I don’t think they make the Fry Baby anymore) a few months ago thinking that David would enjoy having it.  And I was right!


1 comment:

  1. I'm so craving these right now! My Mum has a big deep fat fryer but I was never allowed to touch it growing up (or, indeed, now that I'm 26) because I would burn the house down and my husband won't trust me with one of my own because he thinks I would bun the house down. If they weren't both right I'd so be snacking on fries right now.

    ReplyDelete