Pages

Monday, September 9, 2013

Vegan MoFo Day 9 - spinach dip

Thankful.  I am thankful for so many people and things in my life.  Friendship is the most amazing gifts we receive from people.  I’m sitting here thinking about all my different friends and what they mean to me.  I have friends from high school, college, work, neighbors, through my children (school, sports, etc.), support groups, etc…  The list goes on and on and how wonderful is that?  Some of our friend groups overlap too. 

I am very thankful for all my wonderful friends and in particular my “baby” girlfriends.  We’ve been friends since we all quit work to stay home with our children.  We all lived on the same street together for many years.  There were/are some crazy and fun years there!  Now there are only two of us left on the good old street but we still somehow get together for lunches and our famous scrapbooking weekends.  They are also always very supportive of my cooking and trying my dishes.  But Colleen just asked when they would be mentioned in “the blog” so here it is Col!  LOL

In honor of our scrapbooking snacks I made a plant base version of our spinach dip. 

Spinach Dip
Frozen spinach
1 cup mindful mayo
1 cup vegan sour cream
1 package vegetable soup mix




Thaw out spinach and squeeze out excess liquid.  Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix.  Cover and refrigerate for a few hours to let flavors develop.  Serve with cut veggies and/or crackers.  I also think it would be good on my artisan bread too.




Col – I’ll bring some down to you!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! Vegan Spinach dip! I never tried vegan sour cream before. But I really want to. Hopefully I can get it around here :) This would be a recipe I surely want to try :)
    I am talking about vegan pizzas today, if you are interested: http://shelikesbento.blogspot.nl/2013/09/book-review-vegan-pizza-by-julie-hasson.html

    ReplyDelete